ReThink Leadership: Fostering a Learning Centered Culture
A transformative experience designed specifically for all innovators, change agents, design thinkers, creative thinkers and those who aspire to make profound programmatic and cultural changes in their schools.
Join Emma Willard School and the Santa Fe Leadership Center this summer for an experiential learning adventure and professional growth opportunity for school leaders and leadership teams.
This four day workshop will provide school leaders and leadership teams with a deep dive into what it means to lead for significant, transformative, and intentional change in their school communities.
- How does one lead within an environment where there are so many questions, the answers are not clear and the stakes are high?
- How can school leaders gain momentum and support to implement new initiatives?
- How can school leaders foster cultures where the talents of their faculty and staff are unleashed, their schools are willing to take risks and test new practices while still honoring tradition?
- How does one “lean into” new ideas and continue to learn while also retaining a sense of self?
- How can leaders be their most authentic and innovative selves in service of growth and progress of a larger system.
- How can you find purpose, meaning and happiness in work that will never be finished?
This four day workshop will provide school leaders and leadership teams with a deep dive into what it means to lead for significant, transformative, and intentional change in their school communities.Over the four day experience, participants will:
- Understand and practice the skills, qualities and mindsets of innovators;
- Identify their own personal preference and tolerance for change and innovation;
- Learn how to cultivate leadership teams that are more tolerant and supportive of functional and expansive change;
- Embrace and learn to foster empathy as a means to better understanding why change may be necessary and ensure that it is a fundamental aspect of both the rationale for and essence of change in their schools;
- Enable a culture of innovation that will lead to a growth mindset and significant cultural transformation;
- Understand and embrace a Design Thinking framework that can lead to creative and collaborative problem solving;
- Understanding of Systems Theory and how it impacts leadership and change in organizations.
- Understand the group dynamics, communication strategies and build the skills to have critical conversations which are at the heart of organizational change.